It’s usually when we get older that we start to appreciate what our parents have done for us, although hopefully in this case, this 3-year old girl will realize it sooner than most. The problem was this: Mike Mika’s 3-year old daughter was confused as to why she could not play as a female character in Donkey Kong when she could in Super Mario Bros. 2. When Mika explained that this was how the game was setup, his daughter appeared to be a bit bummed out by that piece of news, so like any dad who does not wish to disappoint their kid, Mika decided to hack Donkey Kong and ultimately made the princess the main character and the rescuer in the game. Pretty heartwarming stuff, and if you want to see what this new Donkey Kong game looks like, check it out in the video above.
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-14: Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth In Development
- 2014-04-14: Crysis 1 And 2 To Lose Multiplayer Functionality After GameSpy Closes
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-14: Watch Dogs' Ultra Specs Revealed