SimCity is certainly living up to its name, and just as all cities have their fair share of issues, so too, does the digital make believe world of SimCity. The thing is, the issues SimCity is currently experiencing has everything to do with its servers, although there are other items on the agenda such as the lack of residential zones for the Sims “inside”, but that is a different can of worms altogether. Having said that, Amazon has temporarily removed digital versions of SimCity, although the boxed versions of the game are still available for purchase.
Amazon has also included a disclaimer, asking buyers to be wary that there are server issues with the game at the moment, where it reads as follows, “Many customers are having issues connecting to the “SimCity” servers. EA is actively working to resolve these issues, but at this time we do not know when the issue will be fixed. Please visit https://help.ea.com/en/simcity/simcity for more information.”
Hopefully EA gets everything sorted out, otherwise it would be a bummer considering how the game has a cult following all these years.
Next Story: YouTube One Channel Available Across The Board
- 2014-03-18: SimCity Offline Is Now Playable
- 2014-01-14: SimCity Lead Engineer Explains Why Offline Mode Took So Long
- 2014-01-13: SimCity Offline Announced
- 2013-10-06: SimCity Offline Mode Is Under 'Exploration'
- 2013-09-20: SimCity: Cities Of Tomorrow Expansion Pack Releasing On November 12