Nintendo announced a new Donkey Kong Country Returns game would be making its way to its Nintendo 3DS this summer, but it looks like the development of the game went better than expected as the company is announcing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will be made available in North America on May 24.
The press release Nintendo released to announce Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D’s launch date did not include any further details as to what players can expect from the game. Instead, it simply gave the release date, and a photo of two gorillas, with one playing on a Nintendo 3DS. We’ve experienced our fair share of weird press releases, but this one might be the weirdest we’ve received. With a little over two months to go until Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is released, we’re sure Nintendo all reveal more about the game in the coming weeks. Until then, know that there will probably be bananas in the game. Lots and lots of bananas.
Also, here’s that weird photo Nintendo included in their press release.
Next Story: Custom Wood Neo Geos Offer Green Eye Candy
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2013-10-17: Hulu Plus Now Available On The Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL And 2DS
- 2013-07-15: Nintendo 3DS Getting Hulu This Summer In Japan
- 2013-07-12: Nintendo 3DS Update Brings Major Update To StreetPass Plaza
- 2013-05-16: iOS Game Spending Outpaces Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita In Q1 2013
- 2013-05-01: Capcom Creates Mega Man Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL Case