If you are a games developer, chances are pretty high that you will settle for either iOS or the Android platform, as those are where majority of the users are at, and in this case, potential gamers. How about the Windows Phone platform? Sure, Microsoft’s foray into the mobile operating system arena has led to new developments, and they are certainly in pole position to maintain its lead over BlackBerry, but is it viable enough for developers to drop money onto this platform? Joe Belfiore tweeted that the maiden Windows Phone 8 game that was developed with the UNITY engine has finally arrived on the Windows Phone Marketplace, in the form of Drift Mania Championship 2.
Drift Mania Championship 2 is said to be built using the Beta SDK, and keep your fingers crossed that it will be a short while afterwards as we start to see more games flooding into the Windows Phone Marketplace, although a trickle might be another effect. Want to give Drift Mania Championship 2 a go? Download it here.
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-08: Sony Windows Phone Device Expected This July