Capcom has been delighting its faithful legion of old-school gaming fans with remastered versions of some of its most popular classic games. We’ve seen its Street Fighter series, Bionic Commando and some other classic titles remastered, but this weekend, they announced one of their most iconic adventures will be remastered for the current generation of gamers to enjoy.
Capcom’s DuckTales Remastered is being developed by Double Dragon Neon’s WayForward to deliver a mix of 3D backgrounds with 2D characters with Scrooge McDuck experiencing a set of adventures that will take him all over Duckberg. Not only will the game be receiving a complete remastering, but its soundtrack will also be remastered, which you can hear the original DuckTales theme song in the trailer above.
DuckTales Remastered will also have all of the original voice actors from the DuckTales cartoon coming back to reprise their roles for the game. The game will feature classic characters from both the game and the series like Huey, Dewey and Louie as well as Launchpad. Hopefully Bubba the Caveduck and Tootsie the Triceratops will also be making a cameo appearance in the new game.
DuckTales Remastered is expected to be made available on the Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Wii U eShop this summer.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2013-09-03: Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita
- 2013-06-03: Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo Expected To Announce Price Cuts At E3 [Analyst]
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-12: Rayman Legends Delay Resulted In 30 New Levels, New Boss Battles
- 2013-04-09: Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U