Facebook is once again calling all media to its offices on March 7 at 10 a.m. PT as they have plan to announce a redesign to the service’s News Feed, which many are speculating will be to Facebook’s mobile news feed. Invites have started to be sent out to media, which you can expect to hear the latest on what changes Facebook has made to its News Feed right here.
Earlier today, we reported on some new design changes Facebook is testing out in New Zealand that would change their dual-layer Timeline layout into a single-column layout with the left side of a person’s Facebook page dedicated to displaying information from their “About” page. We don’t believe next week’s event will have any relation to the company’s testing of a new Timelines profile, although we wouldn’t be surprised if it was mentioned.
Facebook also announced yesterday it purchased Microsoft’s Atlas ad business for an estimated $30 to $50 million. Maybe Facebook is planning on throwing more ads to its mobile News Feed, which we’re sure you’ve noticed have been completely out of hand lately.
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations