It looks as though those reports of T-Mobile possibly laying off over 100 people once it merges with MetroPCS is one step closer to become true as not only did the Department of Justice give the A-OK for the merger to occur, but today, the FCC also gave their blessing for the merger.
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski released a statement in regards to the merger saying is “in the public interest” as it will strengthen the US wireless market by “moving toward robust competition and revitalized competitors.”
In addition, FCC commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel added to the statement as she believes a T-Mobile & MetroPCS merger will create a “stronger fourth national wireless carrier,” with the three larger competitors being AT&T, Verizon Wireless and Sprint.
A merger between T-Mobile and MetroPCS would certainly make the US mobile market more interesting as the majority of people are normally subscribers to one of the big three carriers. If the T-Mobile / MetroPCS merger is able to occur, their union could certainly make for a much stronger fourth carrier.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: FCC, merger, metropcs, t-mobile,
- Seen at: fcc.gov