Hey Flipboard users, do you hate juggling various social media platforms? Well Flipboard has announced a new update to their popular app, bringing it up to version 2.0 in what the company calls its “most ambitious thing” (via Mashable) they have ever done. For those unfamiliar with Flipboard, it is an app that allows users to subscribe to various news feeds and content, and to a certain extent acts as an RSS reader, albeit a very beautiful, magazine-like one. However in its version 2.0 update, Flipboard will be adding a Pinterest Pinboard-like “Magazine” feature, search, notifications, and even sees integration with Etsy for those on the lookout for unique handcrafted items. Those who own the app will be able to update it via the iTunes App Store, and for those who do not have it, the app is free for download, so what are you waiting for?
- 2014-04-04: Flipboard For Windows Phone Spotted At BUILD
- 2014-01-14: Facebook Paper Rumored To Be The Company's Answer To Flipboard
- 2013-11-11: Flipboard Introduces Shoppable Magazines Called Catalogs
- 2013-09-04: Flipboard For BlackBerry To Be Released 'Soon'
- 2013-08-14: Flipboard iOS Update Brings GIF Support
- 2013-07-01: Flipboard Reaffirms App Coming To Windows Phone Devices
- 2013-01-14: Flipboard Daydream Arrives On Android 4.2
- 2012-11-15: Flipboard for iOS adds new Books section from Apple's iBookstore
- 2012-11-01: Flipboard now ready to support the iPad mini's 7.9-inch display