Gamers, if you have bought the rebooted Tomb Raider game and have completed it in single player mode and were hoping for more content, you might be in for a long wait. According to Crystal Dynamics in their Reddit AMA, director Noah Hughes and global brand director Karl Stewart revealed that there are no planned single-player DLCs for the game at the moment. Instead future DLCs will focus on the multiplayer aspect of the game which according to some reviews could stand to be worked on a bit more.
“Currently there are no plans regarding single-player DLC,” said Hughes when first asked about upcoming DLC. “Now that Lara is more experienced, we are excited to take her on new adventures that challenge her new strength and confidence. It is important that even as Lara grows as a character, so do the challenges she must face.”
“There are currently no plans in place for any single-player expansions.” Stewart later followed up. “All of our DLC is based around the multiplayer experience for now.”
So Tomb Raider fans, are you disappointed that there will not be any single-player DLCs in the foreseeable future? Or are you enjoying the multiplayer aspect a bit too much to care?
- 2014-01-29: Tomb Raider On Xbox One And PS4 Share Same Assets, Says Square Enix
- 2014-01-28: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Hits The PS4
- 2013-12-17: Tomb Raider For iOS
- 2013-12-17: Original Tomb Raider Released For iOS Devices
- 2013-12-08: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 And Xbox One Release Confirmed