Google has released a new Gmail app for Android today. It’s a nice little update that greatly reduces time spent on three most used features: reply, archive and search. With the new Gmail app for Android, users can reply and archive straight from notifications, provided that they’re using Gmail app on a smartphone running Android 4.1 or higher.
Notifications already has the ability to customize which messages the users receives notifications. There’s also support for configuring different sounds for each individual label. These features that have been introduced in the new Gmail app for Android can be combined with them. The new app also comes with better search suggestions and faster search, making it much easier to search through emails than ever before.
The new Gmail app for Android is now available for download from the Google Play Store. Though not exactly a big update, it does bring some nifty new features. There aren’t exactly any major cosmetic changes that have been made in this update. Its not like the app needs them at this point in time. It looks good and works brilliantly. So head on down to the Google Play Store right now and let us know what you think about the latest Gmail app update for Android.
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2013-09-25: Gmail For Android Update Brings Cards Interface To Conversations
- 2013-06-30: Gmail Android App Update Brings Back Delete Button
- 2013-06-03: New Gmail For Android With New Inbox And Navigation Released
- 2013-05-27: Redesigned Gmail App Allegedly Releasing This Week