We’ve seen some pretty standard iPhone battery cases that will fit around your device and supply power to it, some of them even allowing you to choose when it needs a boost in power the most by turning the feature on or off. The Gridcase Reactor is an iPhone 5 battery case, but it features a unique method of charging the device.
The Gridcase Reactor features a hand crank that you can attach to the back of the case to crank your way to more power for your iPhone 5. The kit will come with a two-piece case with a built-in micro-generator, a 400mAh boost battery, and a 500mA manual generator. The case is currently seeking crowdfunding on Crowd Supply, which if you’re instantly interested in the case will cost you $99 if you promise to fund it by the start of May. If the Gridcase Reactor becomes fully funded, it expects to launch in October for $149.
A hand-crank battery case for your iPhone 5 certainly seems like a good idea for those moments when you’re traveling and won’t be near a power outlet anytime soon. And all of that hand cranking might actually get your arms into a form that doesn’t resemble veal.RELATED
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For Facial Detection And Recognition
- WhatsApp Finally Receives iOS 7 Update
- Screenshot Of Pre-registration Page For New iPhones On China Mobile Surfaces
- Half Of iPhone 5c Owners Come From Android
- New iPhones Continue To Dominate Japan's Smartphone Market
- Follow: case, iPhone, iPhone 5, iphone case,
- Seen at: technabob