It’s undeniable one of the most popular premium cable channels to offer an online streaming video service is HBO with its HBO Go service. HBO Go allows you to not only watch recently aired shows, sometimes, being able to watch them online minutes after they’ve aired, but also catch up on complete seasons of older shows, movies and specials. Unfortunately, the only way to view HBO Go is if you’re an HBO subscriber, but that may soon change.
According to Reuters, chief executive at HBO Richard Plepler recently made some interesting comments regarding the evolution of the company’s HBO Go service at a recent premier for Game of Thrones’ third season. ”Right now we have the right model,” Plepler told Reuters. “Maybe HBO GO, with our broadband partners, could evolve.” This, of course, means the company has heard our cries for a streaming-only option for HBO Go as paying a full subscription to be able to use the service seems a little redundant.
Hopefully HBO Go is able to work out whatever deal they need to in order to offer an HBO Go-only option with their broadband partners as we’re sure there will be many potential customers who would absolutely flock to such a service, especially if it’s priced in relation to other similar video streaming services.RELATED
- Pharrell Launches 24-Hour Interactive Music Video For 'Happy'
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- YouTube Commenters Invade Conan To Yell Random Things At Him
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Google Street View Takes Us Through The Canals, Streets Of Venice, Italy
- Follow: hbo, hbo go, streaming video,