The HTC Butterfly, or Droid DNA for those in the US, was released just last year and unsurprisingly it seems that HTC is currently planning its successor. According to HTC’s Ben Ho, he confirmed that HTC is apparently looking to capitalize on the fact that customers seem to enjoy extraordinarily large displays for their phones, namely with devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the LG Optimus G Pro. In fact flagship phones from Sony and Samsung have also encroached upon phablet territory with their 5” displays.
Unsurprisingly Ho did not provide any details regarding the specifications of the Butterfly’s successor, but given the flagship phones of 2013 from Samsung, LG, Sony and even HTC themselves, we can expect at the very least a Full HD display, a quad-core processor and maybe even a 13MP camera. This news comes as something of a surprise since earlier reports did suggest that the HTC One could be HTC’s only flagship phone for 2013. In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled, so check back with us at a later date for the details.
Next Story: Blackberry Z10 Now Available From T-Mobile
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-04 HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08 Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-27 Waterproof HTC Butterfly 2 With 5.2 Inch Display Rumored For January 2014
- 2013-05-09 HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013