The HTC One has been deemed by certain quarters, especially those who are part of the HTC team, to be the phone that will help move the Taiwanese company out of the doldrums. Well, it was just a couple of days ago when we brought you word that HTC USA tweeted that there will be no HTC One arriving over at Verizon, and it seems that the folks over at The Wall Street Journal has managed to snag confirmation of the HTC One’s non-existence in the US market, at least on the part of Verizon at this point in time.
The main culprit that has prevented the HTC One from arriving so far? Camera component shortages. All right, I guess a delay is different from the entire flagship smartphone not turning up at the doorsteps of the US, but still, to have to wait while the rest of the world catches up with your technology, with some overtaking you, and to arrive on the market before your product? All of those definitely do not bode well to keep HTC afloat in the cut-throat world of smartphones.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-26 HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29 Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15 Original HTC One Prototype Revealed