iOS 6 jailbreak evasi0n was made available last month and most likely broke records as close to seven million devices were jailbroken in just four days of the software becoming available to the public. Now that February is behind us, one of the members who created the evasi0n is speaking up on how many jailbreaks they achieved last month.
In its first month of availability, evasi0n has been installed on over 14 million iOS devices, that of course includes the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
Seven million devices in its first four days was extremely impressive, and evasi0n continues to impress with its over 14 million iOS jailbroken iOS devices. We knew jailbreaking iOS devices was popular, but 14 million devices surpasses any number we originally anticipated and certainly shows the process has reached a mainstream level as more iOS users are looking to have complete control over their devices.
It also helps the evad3rs team has consistently been playing catch up with Apple as the company has been releasing a high-volume of iOS 6 updates, although iOS 6.1.3 might be the straw that broke the camel’s back as it may break the evasi0n tool.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2013-05-17: iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense
- 2013-03-29: iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-27: iOS 6.1.3 Users Report Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- 2013-02-21: iOS 6.1.3 Beta Addresses iPhone Passcode Security Exploit
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days