We heard earlier today T-Mobile’s UnCarrier event being held today would possibly feature the iPhone, which has been rumored to be coming to the fourth-largest carrier in the U.S. for several months. Today, T-Mobile put all of those rumors to rest and has finally announced the Apple iPhone will be making its way to the T-Mobile network soon.
Since T-Mobile is changing the its pricing to no longer require its customers to sign a two-year agreement for its devices, the carrier will let those who are interested in owning the iPhone to buy it at either full price at the time of purchase, or customers could spread the cost through a 20-month installment plan. Through this payment plan, which we like to consider lay-away for mobile devices, the iPhone 5 will be available for $99 at the time of purchase, with 20 months of $20 payments.
T-Mobile is the final major U.S. carrier to have the iPhone available for its customers to purchase. Up until now, T-Mobile subscribers needed to purchase an unlocked iPhone in order to enjoy it on their carrier of choice. Today’s news will make it much easier for potential iPhone customers to pick up their device with completely compatibility with T-Mobile’s network.
Next Story: Man Solves Three Rubik's Cubes While Juggling
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2013-10-21 T-Mobile Tweets His Love Of The Galaxy Note 3 From His iPhone
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-04-12 T-Mobile iPhone 5 Now Available For $99
- 2013-03-28 T-Mobile Stocking 16GB iPhone 5 In Store, 32GB/64GB Versions Online
- 2011-05-13 Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?