The way things are shaping up, we think 2013 will be the year of the smartwatch as some of the biggest names in tech, like Apple, Samsung and Google, are all expected to release some kind of smart watch device in the future. Today, another company is possibly throwing their watch into the ring.
According to The Korea Times, LG is the latest manufacturer to possibly be joining in on the smart-watch craze as they’re rumored to be currently developing not only a smartwatch, but an additional wearable computing device similar to the Google Glass. The smartwatch device LG is currently working on is said to be similar to the Pebble and will reportedly run on Android, although there’s also a chance it will run the new FireFox OS.
If both rumors turn out to be true, the smartwatch market could already become flooded with different devices coming from multiple companies before they’re even made available. We just hope if these smartwatches do get produced, that there’s enough of a market for them to warrant all of the millions that’s probably going into developing them.
Next Story: Archos GamePad Now Available In U.S. For $179
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-04-08 LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-03-24 New LG G Watch Photo Shown Off On Facebook
- 2013-10-29 LG G Health Could Be LG's Upcoming Smartwatch
- 2013-08-21 LG Smartwatch To Release In 2014