For comic book readers, smartphones and tablets have introduced ways to interact with their favorite comic book series without having to go out and buy a new one every time an issue is released. Having all of your comics available to read on your smartphone or tablet devices is certainly a treat, although buying them individually doesn’t make it a cheap hobby.
Marvel is announcing today it’s subscription-based Marvel Unlimited, which offers access to the company’s catalog of over 13,000 published comics that span a period of over 70 years, is now available for iOS. The subscription costs $10 a month or $60 for a yearly subscription, although in order for newer comics to be included in the Marvel Unlimited subscription, it needs to be available for six months, which we know could put a damper on your weekly comic book discussions with your friends at your local Applebees.
Marvel’s original comic book app will continue doing what it does as its purpose is to deliver new comics in a digital format, although we hope one day Marvel decides to bring both apps together into one unstoppable comic book-serving application.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iOS 7.1 Beta Download Available Now For Developers
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Follow: comics, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, marvel, marvel comics,