EA announced it was delivering two additional pieces of DLC to Mass Effect 3, the first of which would be a free DLC for the game’s multiplayer mode. Mass Effect 3: Reckoning released last week, and tomorrow, Mass Effect 3: Citadel will be released as “one final, sentimental journey with Commander Shepard and their squad.”
To help promote the all-new single-player campaign, EA released a trailer for the Citadel DLC, which takes place sometime in the middle of the original campaign which follows events all the way until the final mission. Shepard will also be able to interact with team members from previous Mass Effect games, one of which is Mass Effect fan-favorite, Urdnot Wrex.
Mass Effect 3 was released nearly a year ago and it’s impressive how much BioWare is still dedicated to the game by releasing this kind of downloadable content. We have yet to play through Citadel, but it seems like it’s shaping up to be a love letter from BioWare to its fans as it’ll bring a number of previous Mass Effect characters together for a set of final missions.
- 2014-03-03: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy Being Considered For PS4/Xbox One
- 2013-12-18: Mass Effect 4 Is Already Playable
- 2013-12-09: BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- 2013-03-04: Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-03-03: Mass Effect: Foundation Comic Series Announced By Dark Horse
- 2013-02-21: Mass Effect 3 Receiving Two New DLC Packs On Feb. 26, Mar. 5
- 2012-04-06: Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack coming this April 10
- 2012-02-21: Mass Effect 3: Space Edition, more details released
- 2012-02-17: Mass Effect 3 to get space treatment
- 2011-06-06: Mass Effect 3 uses Kinect for voice command