Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was released back in the summer of 2008 with the next game in the series, Metal Gear Solid 5, confirmed to be in the works in separate interviews in 2011 and 2012. After waiting for four years since the last game, Hideo Kojima has finally revealed some details for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid game, which will be called Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
MGS5:TPP will star
Solid Snake Big Boss, a.k.a. Naked Snake, as he has been in a hospital, comatose for 9 years. Snake wakes up and must escape the hospital, although 9 years without moving his body makes escaping rather difficult which results in him trying his best to escape while crawling through the hospital.
MGS5:TPP will be a combination of The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, which Kojima revealed during a panel at the Game Developers Conference. Both portions of Metal Gear Solid 5 used the studio’s new FOX engine, which offered some really nice visuals. There’s no word on what platforms the game will be made available, but after viewing the newly-released trailer, we think it’s safe to say next-generation platforms would be considered.RELATED
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Nintendo Updates 3DS With Miiverse Among Others
- Fallout 4 Website Creator Hoped His Stunt Would Force Bethesda To Reveal Their Hand
- BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- Follow: metal gear solid,