We heard last month the Microsoft Surface would be making its way to Japan some time in March. And what better time to launch a new tablet than smack-dab in the middle of the month as the Surface RT is officially launching today in Japan.
The Microsoft Surface RT is priced at 49,800 yen ($521) for the 32GB model and 57,800 yen ($600) for the 64GB model. The Surface RT will be launching in collaboration with popular anime series, Ghost in the Shell. Ghost in the Shell: Arise will have the Surface RT make a number of cameos within the anime film, which if we had to guess what that cameo would be, it’d probably be a smart-mouth Surface RT partner who has a complete disregard for the law. The Surface RT will also probably be wearing a mustache, we hope.
Japan is the first country outside of the US to have the Microsoft Surface available, but we know Microsoft is planning to roll out expansions to additional countries. Hopefully the expansion will come sooner rather than later to take advantage of the Surface’s current popularity.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Woman's New iPad From Target Came With Past Owner's Personal Information
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- iOS Leads Android In Cyber Monday Online Shopping
- Bing For Android Gets A Facelift
- Follow: japan, Microsoft, Surface RT,
- Seen at: internet.watch.impress.co.jp