Minecraft can be enjoyed on a variety of devices, ranging from mobile to PC to consoles like the Microsoft Xbox 360, meaning that as far as devices left out of the fun, it would be Sony’s range of PlayStation devices and Nintendo’s Wii U. Now the good news is that if you own a PlayStation device like the PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita, the possibility of the game making its way onto those consoles is pretty good.
According to Jens Bergensten, the lead designer on Minecraft since Marcus “Notch” Persson stepped down, he stated that while Minecraft remains an Xbox-exclusive as far as consoles are concerned, they will consider bringing it onto the PlayStation once the exclusivity deal runs out. Unfortunately for Wii U gamers, Bergensten claims that it is “very unlikely”. No word on when this exclusive deal with Microsoft will end, but at least it’s on the table. What do you guys think? Any PlayStation owners pleased by this piece of news, or do you think by then it would be irrelevant?RELATED
- New Destiny Trailer Shows Off More Enemies, Guns And Vehicles
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth Trailer Teaches Us How To 'Cup A Spell'
- NSA: Monitoring Online Gaming Communities Since 2008
- Game Of Thrones Game Coming In 2014 From Telltale Games
- Blizzard's Legal Team Takes Control Of Blizzard.tv Domain
- Follow: minecraft, playstation, Sony,
- Seen at: nowgamer