You might recall last week there was a rumor that Sprint would not off the Blackberry Z10, instead choosing to launch the Q10 instead. Now it’s not that Sprint has an immense dislike for touchscreen phones of any kind, but according to a new rumor via AllThingsD, they claim that according to their source, Sprint is gearing up to launch a full touchscreen Blackberry device. The twist is that this device is not the Z10, but a modified version of the smartphone instead. This could explain last week’s rumors since technically this new Blackberry 10 device would not be the Z10 but a modified model. Unfortunately Sprint subscribers hoping to get in on the action will have to wait until mid-year which is when the device is rumored to be launched. We’re not sure what sort of modifications Sprint will be making to the Z10, but we have to wonder if it will be a noticeable improvement over the current Z10 which is already available for T-Mobile business customers, and is currently up for pre-order from AT&T with a release date pegged for the 22nd of March.
Next Story: StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm Has Gone Live!
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-07: Sprint Rolls Out BlackBerry 10.2.1 At Last
- 2013-11-19: Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- 2013-09-28: Sprint To 'Wait And See' If It Will Drop BlackBerry Devices From Stores
- 2013-08-30: BlackBerry Q10 Now Available From Sprint
- 2013-03-04: Sprint Will Only Offer Blackberry Q10, No Plans For Z10