Earlier today we reported that an alleged render of the Motorola X phone was leaked, although according to recent reports and updated blogs (1,2,3), that image turned out to be a fake after all, and thankfully so as the renders did leave a lot to be desired. In any case despite the image turning out to be fake, the folks at Ausdroid claim to have received a tip from one of their sources, sharing with them some details about the upcoming Motorola X smartphone. However since the rendering turned out to be a fake, who’s to say that these specs are to be trusted either, but we leave it to you to judge, just be sure to take it with a grain of salt for now.
Anyway according to Ausdroid’s tipster, the camera of the Motorola X will be 10MP, and it is speculated that perhaps the front-facing camera could be a 5MP. While it is true that megapixels doesn’t necessarily result in better photos, it’s odd that Motorola could have gone with a 10MP instead of a 13MP which seems to be the standard these days. The display of the phone is also rumored to be a 5” Full HD, unsurprisingly so, and that a Qualcomm dual-core processor could be used as well. Once again a bit highly suspect since quad-core seems to be the buzzword since 2012, so why would a flagship device come with a dual-core chipset instead? Like we said, take it with a grain of salt for now, and hopefully more information will be available at a later date.
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2013-05-27: Motorola X Phone For Verizon (XT1060) Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-05-02: Evleaks: Motorola X Phone Spotted For Real
- 2013-05-01: Motorola XT1055 Could Be The Elusive X Phone
- 2013-04-25: Google X Phone With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Spotted (Rumor)
- 2013-04-18: Motorola X Phone To Arrive In 20 Different Colors [Rumor]