For Twitter users running Windows 8, great new! Twitter had finally released a native app in Windows Store for Windows 8 on Wednesday. Designed with Windows 8 in mind, Twitter takes advantage of tools like Share function in Charm Bar to allow users to tweet from any app and Live Tiles that will display tweets no matter which app the user is currently using.
On the other hand, Snap view enables user to user another app alongside Twitter. Size of the Twitter app can be adjusted to on-third, two-thirds or full screen. Users can also make use of Windows 8 gestures to swipe photos back and forth. It also features Twitter’s Home, Connect, Discover and Me tabs.
This release is good news not only to Twitter users but to Microsoft as well. Until now, there is no official Twitter application for Microsoft’s new OS. Implementation by most third-party Twitter clients are lackluster. Tweetro, one of the best Windows Store app available previously had run out of user tokens as Twitter capped its ability to take new users. That left Windows users with only Twitter’s web client, until now.
So, have you tried the Twitter app? What do you think of it?
Next Story: Software Removes People from HD Videos
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-03-05: Popular Twitter Client MetroTwit Bites The Dust
- 2011-09-20: HTC planning Windows 8 tablet as well?