All right, so we know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The thing is, copyright laws will still need to be upheld, so to have a company that blatantly rips off the design of a particular device can be considered as sacrilege. Case in point, the Neo T001 that hails from (where else but) China, which was greatly “inspired” by the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. The Neo T001 comes across as a 4” device which clearly resembles the Galaxy S3 Mini, although the specifications are poles apart.
For starters, the Neo T001 will come with a 4-inch touchscreen display at 480×800 resolution, powered by a dual-core 1GHz MediaTek MT6517 processor, carry 512MB RAM, a 5-megapixel camera at the back and a VGA shooter up front, dual SIM capability and a 1,500 mAh battery to keep it going. The main selling point of the Neo T001 would most probably be its price, where it is going for just $65 after conversion in an unlocked format in China.
- 2013-11-21: Verizon Galaxy S3 Mini And Galaxy S4 Mini Released
- 2013-10-31: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Press Render Leaks Online
- 2013-09-18: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Launches September 27th For $0.99
- 2013-08-20: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Spotted
- 2013-03-07: Neo T001 Flatters The Galaxy S3 Mini
- 2013-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini NFC Edition Coming Your Way