At the Galaxy S4 launch event and in a press release as well Samsung said that the UK Galaxy S4 will ship with its 1.6Ghz Exynos 5 octacore processor. The company has now backtracked on the claim, confirming earlier today that the UK version of Galaxy S4 will actually ship with the Snapdragon 600 1.9Ghz quadcore processor. Regardless of the processor, the S4 will be available as a 4G compatible device at launch in the UK. Samsung says that the selection of application processor varies by market, though it has not confirmed which markets will be getting Exynos 5 and which won’t be.
The performance difference between the 8 core Exynos 5 and the 4 core Snapdragon 600 in S4 can obviously not be noted until these devices are shipped out. The Snapdragon 600 is no slouch and there might not be that much of a difference. Though it is believed that the octacore Exynos 5 is more power efficient than the Snapdragon 600, since it can switch to the extra set of four cores available in order to effectively manage processes that don’t consume a lot of power. The final results will only be known once Galaxy S4 starts shipping out in the UK.
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before