Have you ever dropped your smartphone into the porcelain throne by accident? You know, you forgot that you placed it in your shirt pocket, and when you bend over, the law of gravity kicks in, where your non-Jedi reflexes fail to react in time, and you end up having to shop for a new phone over the weekend. Well, Nokia might have something up their sleeves this time around, as they are said to be working alongside a company known as P2i on a water-repelling handset that is set to roll out later this year.
Being water-repellent is one thing, and it is definitely not water-resistant nor water-proof, but at least it offers something different in this highly competitive market. No idea on when their joint venture will result in a physical handset being announced officially, but we do know that the two companies have already come to a mutual agreement. Other handsets that P2i has reportedly worked with include the Alcatel One Touch range, the new Huawei Ascend D2, as well as Motorola. Enjoy the video of what P2i’s technology offers in the video above.
Next Story: Verizon To Offer Nokia Lumia 928
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635