We’ve heard Carrie Fisher is returning to play Princess Leia in Star War: Episode 7 with Harrison Ford possibly coming back as Han Solo as well, but it looks as though the man himself, George Lucas, may have confirmed the big three stars of Star Wars Episode IV – VI in a recent interview.
Lucas spoke to Bloomberg Businessweek and was asked if he informed Ford, Fisher and Mark Hamill of LucasFilm’s upcoming deal with Disney. “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation,” said Lucas. “So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ”
Lucas then realized what he just said and attempted to backtrack, “Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” He then threw a curveball to help his backtracking by adding, “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”
If what Lucas said at the end is true, we hope Hamill, Ford and Fisher know what their addition to the new films would mean to all Star Wars fans during their negotiations.
- 2014-03-25 Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13 Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19 Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15 Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17 Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model
- 2013-08-28 Star Wars App For Apple TV Apparently Being Developed By Disney
- 2013-07-30 Disney Registers Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Domain Names
- 2013-05-10 Disney Will Turn Your Likeness Into A 3D Printed Stormtrooper Figurine
- 2013-05-07 EA Star Wars Titles Won't Come To Nintendo Wii U
- 2013-05-06 EA Will Exclusively Develop Future Star Wars Games