Ever heard of Phicomm before? Yeah, they are not exactly the most famous smartphone manufacturer in the market, so we would not expect most folks to know exactly what is their nature of business. Still, this has not stopped them from rolling out Android-powered smartphones in the past such as the one that you see above, and this time around, we have word that they are currently in negotiations with Microsoft to roll out Windows Phone 8-powered handsets, too.
Phicomm is based in China, and has underlined their intention to be the next Windows Phone manufacturer. Of course, they are right at the beginning of such negotiations, so it will be some time before you start to see Windows Phone 8 devices in the market with the Phicomm brand all over. With them specializing in entry level to mid-range models, will their Windows Phone 8 offerings be able to live up to expectations, and help the company turn a profit? Like many things in life, only time will tell, so we await with bated breath.
Next Story: Mozilla Says No Firefox Browser For iOS
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games