When Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag was announced, it was also revealed that the game would be arriving on next-gen consoles, presumably the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox 720, alongside the PS3, Xbox 360 and the PC. However when Sony announced the PlayStation 4, they did not state when exactly it would be seeing a launch, except that it would launch during the holiday season. Microsoft has yet to unveil the next-gen Xbox, so that one is an even bigger mystery. However during an interview with OXM, Black Flag’s director, Jean Guesdon let slip a comment that hinted that both next-gen consoles by Sony and Microsoft could be seeing a release before November.
When asked if the game would see a simultaneous release across all platforms, Guesdon replied by saying “same ship”. Assuming that this is already set in stone and isn’t just wishful thinking on Guesdon’s part, a late October release for the PS4 and the Xbox 720 would certainly be possible. If you recall Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is pegged for a 31st of October release, and if Guesdon is hoping for a “same ship” date, a release by Sony and Microsoft before that date would make sense. We could be speculating a bit too much, but at the same time it is possible. Either way we expect Sony and Microsoft to make the official announcements in the near future, and if you’d like to check out the interview for yourself, it is in the video above (question comes in at 5:42).
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-03-27: The Last Of Us For PS4 Coming This Summer
- 2014-03-20: PS4 DualShock 4 Light Bar Dim Option Coming In Next Update
- 2014-02-13: Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2014-02-13: Gamer Exploits PS Plus Loophole, Free Membership Until 2035
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-08: Xbox 720 Rumored To Feature AMD x86 Chip, May Not Be Fully Backwards Compatible
- 2013-03-11: PS4, Xbox 720 Game Prices Could Reach $70 [Analyst]
- 2013-03-11: Analyst Believes Microsoft's Xbox 720 Will Outsell The PS4 And Wii U