A few weeks ago, EA executive Blake Jorgensen raised a few eyebrows as he believes the next generation of video games will bring on another rise in costs to make new games cost $69. It seems he isn’t entirely alone in his way of thinking as gaming analyst Michael Pachter also believes a rise in video game prices should also be expected when the next generation of consoles is released.
Pachter spoke at the SXSW gaming conference with GameTrailers’ Geoff Keighley live-tweeting his lecture. During his presentation, Pachter shared a prediction of game prices to occur in the next generation of video game consoles saying “PS4 and next Xbox games will likely cost 70 dollars, 10 dollars more than current gen.”
Considering how Pachter said the next Xbox will outsell the PlayStation 4 and Wii U without even knowing the final specs for the PS4 and next Xbox, we think you should take this news with a grain of salt, especially since he also isn’t an official video games industry source. We just hope video game publishers don’t get the crazy idea of raising the prices for their games as we’re sure many of you already feel $60 for a new game is pretty high.
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-06-21: PS4, Xbox One Amazon Pre-Order Sales Breaks Records
- 2013-06-12: Nyko Announces Xbox One, PS4 Accessories At E3
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-03-11: Analyst Believes Microsoft's Xbox 720 Will Outsell The PS4 And Wii U