Rumors abound each and every single day where the smartphone industry is concerned, which is why we are pretty stoked to hear a name that one would more often than not associate with the world of online retail, Amazon, where to have them churn out smartphones of their own sounds extremely unlikely. Still, that is the case at the moment, where whispers are going around that an Amazon-branded smartphone is in the works, with talk of a 4.7” growing day by day – with the first of such smartphones arriving as early as the second quarter of this year.
DigiTimes claim that there are industry supply chain sources who believe the Amazon smartphone will carry the said 4.7” display. Initially, it seemed that Amazon is looking at a 4.3” display, but the growing trend of larger displays in newer smartphones have seen them ditch those plans and keep up to speed with the rest of the industry. Foxconn is Amazon’s manufacturing partner, and they so happen to have the expertise in churning out Kindle tablets, iPads and iPhones, too.
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review