One of favorite open-world sandbox games that released in 2011 has to be Saints Row 3 as it had just the right amount of action along with its outrageous humor. When THQ went under, the game’s rights were sold to publisher Deep Silver, who is announcing today along with the game’s developer, Volition, a Saints Row 4 is currently in the works.
The news comes to us by way of a trailer that is completely overrun with in-game footage which contains a number of iconic Saints Row visuals. You’ll witness people blowing things up, car-surfing and even witness strategically placed black bars over certain body parts.
The trailer doesn’t only deliver in-game visuals, but it also announces the game will be released on August 20 in North America on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. If you were hoping for a PlayStation 4 or next Xbox release, it looks like that isn’t planned for Saints Row 4 at this time, although we’d be more excited to see what Saints Row 5 will look like on next-generation consoles.
- 2013-10-11: Saints Row 4 Mod Lets You Play In First-Person Mode
- 2013-08-20: Saints Row 4 Now Available; Celebrates Launch With Accolades Trailer
- 2013-08-16: Saints Row 4 Includes Playable Obama, Bush, Lincoln, Washington In Pre-Order Bonus
- 2013-08-12: Saints Row 4 $1 Million Dollar Special Edition Includes Crazy Bonuses
- 2013-07-22: Saints Row IV Short Trailers Released
- 2013-05-07: Bethesda Announces Wolfenstein: The New Order For 360, PS3, PC, Next-Gen
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-26: XCOM FPS Becomes 'The Bureau: XCOM Declassified'; Releasing August 20
- 2013-04-25: Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2013-04-16: Castle Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse Remake Coming Summer 2013