We know there were a number of you who were hoping Samsung would move on from the Galaxy S’ plastic case design to offer something a bit more premium in the Galaxy S4. We’re sure you were bummed to see another plastic case will house such a premium device, but as you would expect, there’s absolutely a reason as to why the company chose a plastic case over another material.
Samsung’s design chief Dennis Miloseski spoke at Engadget’s Expand conference over the weekend, defending the Galaxy S4′s design as well as pointing out the company is focused on experiences it can create with its devices. “Actually, the global design process has been raised,” Miloseski said. “We’re making devices thinner and lighter, screens more beautiful. With Samsung, it’s less about that but more about building a meaningful relationship with technology. As these devices become smarter, letting them sense where you are and adjusting to that, it’s known that design will improve over time. But now, we’re thinking about: how do you create a soul for a device.”
So there you have it, Galaxy S4 fans. As long as your mobile phone has a soul, that means it can be completely covered in plastic. It kind of reminds us of the story of the Ugly Duckling.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-05-08: Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available At Staples
- 2013-03-22: Samsung Galaxy S4 Launch Results In iPhone Trade-Ins Doubling
- 2013-03-18: Apple Educates Potential Galaxy S4 Adopters Why People Love The iPhone
- 2013-03-14: Samsung Galaxy S4 Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-12: Samsung Galaxy S4 Possibly Leaked In Video