The Samsung Galaxy S4 is probably one of the most anticipated smartphones of 2013, but if there’s one thing we’ve learnt from previous Galaxy S smartphones is that there is a chance it will be built using plastic components. This is a trend we’ve seen in the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy S3, and it seems that this will be the case according to Eldar Murtazin who claims to have already seen the phone. Given Murtazin’s reputation and connections, we wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.
To be fair Murtazin did not really get an exclusive look at the phone as it seems that Samsung’s partners and carriers have already seen the phone as well. He reports that the Galaxy S4 was shown behind closed doors during MWC 2013.
This seems to be in line with earlier rumors that suggested that even though the phone will not be announced, it will still make an appearance albeit shrouded in secrecy. To be honest the idea of the Galaxy S4 being built from plastic is a bit of a downer. Considering that Samsung’s competitors such as Sony and HTC have utilized more premium material like aluminum and glass, we half expected Samsung to step it up as well. Either way we guess we will have to wait until the 14th of March to find out more, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy S4 Trade-Ins Are Higher Than Before