One of the rumored features of the Samsung Galaxy S4 was that it would come with wireless charging. Unfortunately during the Galaxy S4’s announcement, Samsung did not make any mention of wireless charging, leaving us to wonder if such a feature was merely a rumor. As luck would have it, Qi has announced that the Qi wireless charging standard would be supported in the Samsung Galaxy S4, meaning that owners of Qi wireless charging mats or cases will be able to charge a Galaxy S4 wirelessly.
However since Samsung did not make any such announcement, this means that if you were to buy a Galaxy S4, do not expect it to be able to charge wireless right out of the box. Instead potential owners looking for wireless charging action will have to buy compatible back plates if they wish to enjoy the convenience and novelty of wireless charging. No word on pricing or availability of said back plates, but if wireless charging is one of your “must have” features, you can rest assured that the Galaxy S4 will be able to support just that.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-28: Sony's CP-W5 Wireless Charger Also Comes With A 5,000mAh Battery
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-06-18: Galaxy S4 Wireless Charging Pad And Cover Now In Stock
- 2013-03-15: Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Hands-On Review