Apple and Samsung have had tussled for what seemed to be forever in the court of law, and we have heard that Samsung was supposed to pay Apple at least $1 billion in damages, but I guess Samsung executives (and shareholders) would be more than pleased to hear that the damages to be awarded has been revised. Judge Lucy Koh who overlooked the entire trial ordered a re-evaluation of $450.5 million of the original damages that were awarded to Apple, and will require a new trial with a different jury.
This new trial will see 14 Samsung devices go under scrutiny, and the reason why these 14 were chosen was this – their per-product damages from the first trial were discovered to be rather questionable in nature, where among them include the Samsung Nexus S 4G, Infuse 4G, AT&T Galaxy S2, and the Galaxy Tab. A new trial could swing both ways – Samsung will have to either pay more, or less, depending on the outcome. Who do you think will it end up the better for it, or will things more or less remain the same?
Next Story: Parrot Asteroid Tablet
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities
- Facebook Paper Update Encourages Users To Share