Mac Pro owners, if you still have your machine with you and you are still using it heavily, maybe it’s time to give it a well-deserved upgrade. While we’re not sure when Apple will be introducing the next revision of the Mac Pro, one of the perks of owning a Mac Pro is that it can be customized to your liking (at least to a certain degree), unlike the iMac which is pretty limited in terms of customizability. If you were planning on upgrading your graphics, GPU manufacturer Sapphire has officially launched the Radeon HD 7950 video card designed specifically for Mac computers in mind.
The Mac Edition Radeon HD 7950 will come with 3GB of GDDR5 memory and is said to be able to boost the framerates of games by as much as 200%. Other features of the video card include a 3D-capable HDMI port, two Mini DisplayPort connections, and a dual-link DVI port. It also comes with a switchable BIOS that allows the user to switch between Mac and PC, although it should be noted that it has been designed specifically for the Mac Pro in mind. While the video card has yet to make an appearance on Sapphire’s website, it is currently listed on Newegg for $480 before tax and shipping.RELATED
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- Alienware Offers Console Trade In Program
- Windows 8 App Store Flooded With Rip-Off Nintendo Titles
- Seen at: macnn