BlackBerry Z10 users can sideload Android apps on their device, the BBRY’s new smartphone allows that. This means that users have access to apps that are otherwise not available for BlackBerry, apps such as the insanely popular Instagram. A new report indicates that users who sideloaded Instagram on their devices are facing a problem. If they sign out of Instagram on BlackBerry Z10, they’ll not be able to sign back in again. So if you’re one of those users, don’t sign out as you’ll literally be locked out of Instagram on your latest BlackBerry smartphone.
The version of Instagram that can be sideloaded on BlackBerry Z10 is outdated and throws the following error once users sign out: Your version of “Instagram is out of date. Please upgrade your app in the Play Store to log in to Instagram.” Then the app doesn’t let them sign in again. Some users say have tried completely shutting the app down, by tapping and holding the X, while others say that restarting their device has gained them access again. These tricks are not working for everyone and most users are still not able to sign back in. So word of advice, don’t sign out if you’re signed in. Or you might have to wait until the official version drops, or when the Android player in BlackBerry 10 is updated so that the latest Instagram for Android can be installed on the Z10.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-03-25 BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-11 Instagram Aims For Growth In Emerging Markets With New Android Update
- 2014-01-14 BlackBerry World Will Reportedly Start Accepting Android Apps Soon
- 2013-11-19 Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- 2013-02-07 Skype For BlackBerry 10 Will Be A Port Of Android App When Released