It’s undeniable Imangi Studios’ Temple Run games have become an absolute hit on both iOS and Android, sparking a number of endless-running clones. But SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog was probably one of the first games to offer somewhat of a running experience, so we guess it’s OK a Temple Run clone is coming out very soon starring everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog.
SEGA’s Sonic Dash blog post asks its fans “Can you run forever?” which obviously points to the game being an endless runner-type game. This isn’t the first time SEGA has used their iconic mascot to deliver clones of popular mobile games as they released Sonic Jump, which offered a similar experience to the popular Doodle Jump series.
Sonic Dash is expected to be made available for all iOS devices “soon,” which judging by the day it was announced, probably means during tomorrow’s major App Store update. The game will offer 3D graphics as you help Sonic navigate his way through a number of obstacles while also introducing a leaderboards system to figure out who the fastest is among your friends.RELATED
- Gran Turismo 6 Microtransactions Cost Detailed
- ID@Xbox Self-Publishing Program Kicks Off Early Next Year
- Peggle 2 Headed To Xbox One December 9
- Minecraft's Opera 'OPERAcraft' To Be Livestreamed This Week
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag 'Freedom Cry' DLC Releasing Dec. 17
- Follow: iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, sega,