It’s undeniable Imangi Studios’ Temple Run games have become an absolute hit on both iOS and Android, sparking a number of endless-running clones. But SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog was probably one of the first games to offer somewhat of a running experience, so we guess it’s OK a Temple Run clone is coming out very soon starring everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog.
SEGA’s Sonic Dash blog post asks its fans “Can you run forever?” which obviously points to the game being an endless runner-type game. This isn’t the first time SEGA has used their iconic mascot to deliver clones of popular mobile games as they released Sonic Jump, which offered a similar experience to the popular Doodle Jump series.
Sonic Dash is expected to be made available for all iOS devices “soon,” which judging by the day it was announced, probably means during tomorrow’s major App Store update. The game will offer 3D graphics as you help Sonic navigate his way through a number of obstacles while also introducing a leaderboards system to figure out who the fastest is among your friends.
Next Story: Yeti Discovers Cracks In Antarctic Ice
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2013-06-17: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-05-24: iOS 7 Redesign May Feature Flat 'Black and White' Design
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-17: Temple Run Franchise Surpasses 300M Downloads; Temple Run 2 Update Incoming
- 2013-05-17: iOS Devices Now Approved For Military Use By Department Of Defense