While tablets and smartphones are certainly entertaining devices for children, a balance should be made between playing games, watching videos as well as reading. If your kid finds that reading a book seems like an archaic sort of activity, then perhaps ebooks could be the answer and Sony might have something for you. The company has recently announced that they have launched a special Kids Corner in their Reader Store. While children books are already available electronically, it looks like Sony is hoping to make the discovery of said books a little easier with its dedicated shopping section.
The Kids Corner is expected to feature titles that are illustrated and enhanced, and the Kids Corner will also support the EPUB3.0 format which allows for embedded videos and interactivity within the book itself. The content in the store can be filtered by parents according to age level, and device compatibility will also be stated for every title. At the moment the newly launched Kids Corner will be available in the US and Canada, but no word from Sony if they plan to launch it in other countries. Sony’s Reader Store can be accessed by the computer, as well as Android and iOS tablets and smartphones.RELATED
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Microsoft's Original Plan For Nokia Might Have Been To Purchase An Equity Stake
- Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- Follow: ebooks,