The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is expected to be released in April and the Japanese manufacturer has now begun taking preorders for it. Revealed at the Mobile World Congress 2013, it is yet another Android powered tablet hoping to gain some footing in the tablet market largely dominated by the iPad. The Xperia Tablet Z can now be preordered online from Sony’s online store, the promise that shipping will begin between 12-15 April. This happens to be the first confirm shipping date touted for Sony’s upcoming tablet.
Xperia Tablet Z 16GB and 32GB Wi-Fi only models are priced at £399 and £449 respectively. The website also shows a 16GB LTE version but its price is not known at this point in time. The company probably plans on releasing some time after the Wi-Fi models begin shipping out in April. Prospective customers in the UK may also purchase this tablet from O2 on contract, though availability and pricing information is yet to be revealed. Recently we’ve been seeing an influx of Android powered tablets in the market from a number of manufacturers. Do you think the Xperia Tablet Z be able to carve out a name for itself in this highly competitive market?
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2013-09-12: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Kitchen Edition Unveiled
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-07-12: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Receives Full Seg Support In Japan
- 2013-05-22: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Review