Is it me, or is it raining Jelly Bean? First, we have word that the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX has received the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, followed by news of the HTC One X from AT&T also being on the receiving end of sweet, sweet Jelly Bean, and last but not least, the Sony Xperia J will soon waltz away with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice. Having said that, this would make it the latest handset from Sony Mobile to receive this Android version, taking after the Xperia V, Xperia T, and Xperia TL.
At last, Sony Mobile seems to be a whole lot more sensitive to their customers, having rolled out more recent Android versions to their growing repertoire of smartphones, but do bear in mind that Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is right now the latest version and has been around for quite a number of months already. This Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update will be made available in stages, so if your Xperia J has yet to show that it is receiving this update, it would be prudent to play it wise, or you can always try to perform a manual update yourself.
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-10-15: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Receives Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update
- 2013-10-14: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Upgrade From Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Reconsidered
- 2013-10-13: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Looks To Remain Stuck In Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean For Good