There is nothing quite like having decent hardware run on the latest version of software, where the latter would be useful in squeezing out every possible ounce of performance from the former. Well, having said that, we bring you word that there is new firmware (9.1.A.1.138) which has been certified for the Sony Xperia T (also known as the LT30p) and the Xperia TX (aka LT29i). Sony Mobile claims that this update for both devices is set to arrive from April onwards, although I am quite sure that the pegged April 1st date is not an attempt to pull a fast one on consumers.
This new firmware will also see the introduction of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to the Sony Xperia TX, as owners of this particular smartphone model were said to have been waiting for far too long for some Jelly Bean goodness. Apart from that, it is said that the update will bring along with it a fix for the problem that users have suffered from when running the Walkman app on Jelly Bean firmware. All’s well that ends well, no?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-10-15: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Receives Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update
- 2013-10-09: Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia SP, To Receive Android Updates (Rumor)
- 2013-06-20: Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.2.2 Update Seeding
- 2013-02-07: Sony Xperia T And Xperia V Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update