We do know that the retail versions of the Sony Xperia Z (C660X) and Sony Xperia ZL (C650X) around the world arrived with firmware version 10.1.A.1.350 underneath the hood, where that would also mean Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and the 3.4 kernel in tow. Well, for those who are rocking to the Sony Xperia ZL, here is a little bit of good news to perk up your day – it seems that there is a new firmware update available for your smartphone, although you would need to reside in a Dilbert-friendly country, Estonia, as well as Russia.
Firmware version 10.1.A.1.434 is said to still be based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, and from comments shared by folks who have given the new firmware update a go, there does not seem to be any notable improvements introduced compared to its predecessor. This particular version has yet to receive certification on the PTCRB website to date, but I guess if you happen to own the Xperia ZL and live in either one of the two mentioned countries, keeping your device updated is always better than nothing.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-12-08: Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- 2013-07-31: Sony Xperia Z And Xperia ZL Gets New Firmware Updates
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-06-25: Sony Xperia ZL Review
- 2013-06-20: Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.2.2 Update Seeding