Splinter Cell: Blacklist may have been delayed until August 20, but that just gives Ubisoft more time to tease us with additional information and gameplay videos of the game in action.
A new 8-minute long gameplay video was released today by Ubisoft that takes us on a guided tour with Splinter Cell: Blacklist’s game director, Patrick Redding. The video takes Sam Fisher through an abandoned mill showing multiple routes and additional methods he can take to make his way through. Three gameplay styles will be at your disposal in Blacklist: Ghost, Panther and Assault.
The Ghost play style will allow the player to favor the shadows as they make their way through the game trying their best to stay silent and be unseen to attack with non-lethal methods. Panther also involves staying out of sight, but instead, favors lethal attacks while using “Mark and Execute” and chained melee attacks. The Assault method is a little easier to describe: just run around and shoot anything that has a pulse.
Having multiple play methods is a nice touch to the Splinter Cell series as it’ll allow players to play the game exactly how they like, although if you’re playing a Splinter Cell game, we would assume you know something about being stealthy.
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2013-05-21: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-Op Mode Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-05-02: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Bringing Back Spies vs. Mercs Multiplayer Mode
- 2013-04-23: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Highlights Wii U Exclusive Gameplay In New Trailer
- 2013-04-10: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Confirmed For Wii U To Launch On August 20
- 2013-03-22: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Video Highlights 'Ghost', 'Panther' and 'Assault' Play Styles