Earlier this morning, we brought you whispers that Spotify could very well be drumming up their interest in video streaming as well as original content, and here we are with something more concrete – that they have a partner in crime, so to speak, with South Korean consumer electronics giant LG. LG and Spotify announced that they will be integrating Spotify’s premium paid service onto a range of connected media devices, where among them will include Blu-ray players, home cinema systems, and speakers among others.
This new initiative from LG will be sold from April onwards, which frankly speaking, is not too far away considering how there is less than a week left to go for March. Of course, just to make things crystal clear, the LG deal will only handle music, which should be a good start considering how Spotify already owns a catalog of 20 million or so tracks, which is being offered daily across 26 countries such as the US., Australia, New Zealand and across Europe.
- 2014-04-24 LG G3 Case Gives A Hint Of What’s To Come
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2013-12-16 Spotify Coming To LG Smart TVs In Over 30 Countries Very Soon