As I write this, I am typing this story with one hand, browsing my Twitter feed on my iPhone with my other hand and peeling a banana with my feet. Why? Because I want to, that’s why! But one thing I find difficult when I’m using my iPhone is I could never find a comfortable way to read through my News Feed, so I just give up and instead focus on writing my stories.
The Steelcase Gesture may be the office chair that I have been waiting all of my life for as it’s designed to support my important body whether I’m on my computer typing away, or if I’m sitting back while I’m browsing on my tablet or smartphone.
Steelcase studied around 2,000 people to learn nine new office chair postures we find comfortable while we’re using our mobile devices. Their Steelcase Gesture is the result of their research as it features an improved reclining back support, floating arms that support you while you’re typing or texting and a seat that’s comfortable even at its edges.
The Steelcase Gesture is expected to be released sometime this fall at an undisclosed amount, although I’d pay anything in order to text comfortably.
- 2013-10-24: Doctor Visits Can Now Be Done On iOS, Android Devices For Only $49
- 2011-08-19: Smart MIMAS transfers medical images to Android tablet and smartphones
- 2011-06-29: MediBabble iPhone App May Help To Save Lives
- 2011-06-27: BuildMyBod App Helps You Visualize Your Perfect Figure
- 2011-06-03: DermoMap HD lets you use your iOS device to identify skin problems