Apple is rumored to reveal the iWatch by the end of the year, or that’s what the rumors are claiming. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but the question we’re sure many are asking is if such a device is truly necessary, and if smart watches could be the next big thing. Well speaking as someone who knows watches, Swatch CEO Nick Hayek has stepped forward and expressed his belief that the iWatch is not the next revolution that we’re sure many are hoping it will be. Hayek believes that that “replacing an iPhone with an interactive terminal on your wrist is difficult”. Swatch’s CEO also claims that watches are considered a fashion item and that customers prefer versatility. Considering that the previous generation of the iPod nano was a fashion statement of sorts with interchangeable straps and downloadable watch faces, we’re not sure what Hayek is trying to say. In any case what do you guys think? Will Apple’s rumored iWatch device be a big hit, or do you think Apple’s efforts would be better off focused elsewhere?RELATED
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: iwatch,
- Seen at: macrumors